Updated 10 February, 2015
WWW.PLAYMINIFIGURES.COM is the central point of information regarding the game LEGO® Minifigures Online.
To learn more about COPPA, please refer to this simple one-page informational guide from the kidSAFE Seal Program.
Funcom complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Funcom adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Funcom’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Links to Other Sites
Our Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us (such as LEGO.com). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and read the privacy policies of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of change:
In the event of material changes to this Policy that result in using children’s information in a way not previously disclosed, parents will be notified of changes through their email address provided during registration and the change notice will be prominently displayed on the website. If necessary, we will obtain the prior verified permission of a parent or legal guardian.
2. What information do we collect from you in connection with registration?
Registration: When you child register for a LEGO Minifigures online account, you must first register for a LEGO ID account through LEGO.com. The LEGO ID process will ask you for a username, password, and a parent email address, and then verifies the account by way of email activation. The information that is shared back with us (Funcom) is a username and password to allow users to log in to our site.
In accordance with COPPA, we only collect as much information from children as is necessary to use our product.
Once the child’s account is activated, the child will have access to in-game features, including chat. Note, however, that we take reasonable measures to remove all or virtually all personal information from being posted by children via the chat feature. On the site you are able to view information about the minifigures, collect minifigures, watch videos of how the game works, and gain points to level up.
Registration information collected by Funcom is used
- To create a unique account profile (for personalization, reward points, etc.)
- To give adults access to parental controls
- Account notification and password reset purposes
- To set up billing information and process payments in the event paid services are used.
- To provide adults with special offers related to the game unless they opt out of receiving such offers.
3. What types of community or social features do we offer you on in our game and how do we keep these areas safe?
- Chat in game
- In-game email/messaging
- Forums are available in a section of the LEGO® website.
These areas are protected by:
- User Controls/Different chat modes that may be closed
- Automated filtering through Crisp Thinking, a leader in online safety for children.
- Live moderation by support staff
- In game, players can view a code that they may give to friends outside of the game to allow them to find each other in game. This requires both parties to exchange codes.
- Concerns, Issues and Questions can be submitted on our support form at: http://help.LEGO.funcom.com/
- Our code of conduct is available at: http://www.playminifigures.com/en/ code-of-conduct
4. Do we offer other features on our site that may ask you to provide information?
Yes, we may offer the following:
- Wish list / tell-a-friend / invite-friend / e-cards (in conformance with COPPA)
- Newsletter sign-up form may request an email to provide you with information regarding Funcom products or special offers. The sign up process for newsletters will be designed in compliance with COPPA.
- Customer support- An email address so that we may respond to you. If your child contacts us by email, we use the email address (which is personally identifiable information) only to respond to your child's specific request or question, after which the address is deleted. If we ask for your (the parent's) email address, we keep that information and use it only for the purpose of providing notices to you and requesting parental consent as required under applicable law.
- Periodic entries for contests and sweepstakes may request names, user IDs and a method to contact or deliver prizes. The sign up process for these events will be designed in compliance with COPPA.
- Membership purchases (see e-commerce section below) payment info
- Surveys and Feedback- We do not collect any personally identifiable information in connection with surveys or feedback requests, nor is the information provided connected to any personally identifiable information we may have about the child.
5. Do we collect information fromyou using cookies or other web technologies?
Once you or your child has logged in to the website, we track activities by using logs of database transactions and server interactions and may use third party tools to collect information regarding IP addresses and “cookies”. This information is collected to optimize the user experience, the Website analytics/performance, for age screening purposes and for the safety and security of the site.
None of the information collected through these methods is connected to or associated with any personal information regarding the child.
We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movement of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded visibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Information collected via cookies/technologies is not linked to a user’s personal information.
Site Management: Once you or your child has logged in to the website, we track activities by using logs of database transactions and server interactions and may use third party tools to collect information regarding IP addresses and “cookies”. This information is collected to optimize the user experience. The persistent ID info is not linked to any “personal” information about the parent or child.
6. Do we have e-commerce or advertisements on our site?
For purchases of membership or virtual goods, additional information is collected that is necessary to process payments. Personal Information which we collect for payments will be used in order to (1) complete the sale, (2) comply with tax and other applicable statutes, (3) maintain accurate business and financial records (in accordance with accepted standards), and (4) assist with customer service
In order to provide you with added protection we employ a security technology known as a secure-socket-layer ("SSL") to protect the transmission of payment information to the Site. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing.
Memberships may be cancelled by using the “account” button and choosing “cancel”.
Our site has no third party advertisements.
7. With whom do we share your information?
Funcom shares information with third party vendors who help operate our website and game. For example, purchases made by those who are legally able to make purchases within our games may require personal information to complete the transactions. This information may be shared with 3rd party billing providers to process your payment.
Personal information is not sold to or shared with independent third parties for their own marketing purposes.
When purchases are made, information needed to process the payment is shared with the payment provider and Vendors are prohibited from using the information shared for their own purposes.
We may comply with requests for personally identifiable information from law enforcement or other governmental agencies, or requested pursuant to subpoena in accordance with federal and local regulations. We may also share yours or your child’s personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud. We may share aggregated statistical data with our sponsors, partners, and/ or the general public.
In the case of any significant transaction or event involving Funcom or any of its related entities or divisions such as, by way of example, a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency, other parties to the transaction and their professional advisors may need to have access to Funcom’s customer lists and various databases as part of the due diligence process. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets to a non Funcom entity, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding the sharing of your or your child’s personal information.
8. How do we keep your information secure?
Funcom is PCI Compliant, meaning that we conform with strict standards to protect data including firewall-protected servers, encrypted credit card data, login credentials for account access and data intrusion detection systems.
Funcom also performs background checks on support personnel, limits access to sensitive data to those with a need to know, and retains information only as long as needed to comply with our legal obligations and agreements.
Information In Transit: To protect private and confidential information from interception and visibility to unauthorized persons while in transit, the connection between your web browser and the registration server operated by Funcom is encrypted and verified using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. When setting up a unique session between you and Funcom, the server at Funcom will send its public key to your browser. In return, your browser will generate a randomly generated secret key based on the key it received from Funcom. This key is then sent back and checked by the server at Funcom.
Information In Storage: Information you provide to Funcom is stored on servers operated by Funcom Oslo AS, Norway and physically placed in North America. The servers handling registrations are placed in a physically shielded environment. By clicking on the padlock symbol in your browser you can check the information encapsulated in the certificate to verify you are connected to the registration server owned and operated by Funcom. While Funcom uses reasonable efforts to protect your privacy, due to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that a third party will not be able to unlawfully intercept a private communication.
9. What types of parental controls do we offer parents?
Parents may log in with their parental password at https://register.playminifigures.com/ to control their child’s LEGO Minifigures Online Funcom Account.
To access and manage the child’s account, log into the website and click the “account” button. This will allow you to cancel the membership. The user ID and password of the account will then be deleted promptly and the user will need to create a new account to return to the game.
Funcom games for children allow users and their parents the ability to view or delete the user information described above at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If parents wish to stop further collection or use of their child’s information by Funcom, they may contact us at the email address listed above. We also purge information for accounts that have been inactive for 1 year.
Requests for a copy of personal information we collect, depending on the laws of your country, may need to be made in writing giving details with which we can identify you.
Please note that canceling a Funcom LEGO Minifigures Account does not cancel your LEGO ID.
10. How can you contact Funcom with privacy questions or concerns?
Norway Funcom Oslo AS,